I tried to submit a ticket but a red banner told me to post here. Never saw that before. Ok, here goes.
I just received my replacement SkyFi III. Thank you for your prompt attention (re: Simulation Curriculum RMA MH-ZD-37293).
However, it does not want to connect to my Celestron AVX. The previous SkyFi III rarely had this problem.
What I have:
SkyFi III with the serial cable from Simulation Curriculum for the AVX running in client mode (off of our home wi-fi network)
SkyFi III firmware: SkyFi-1.3.3
Celestron AVX w/Hand Controller
AVX Info: HC:GEM 5.28.5300; MC:7.11.5056
SkySafari 5 Pro v22.214.171.124
iPad Air 2, v10.3.3
1. The Celestron Hand Controller goes into the mount's HC port (that's pretty easy)
2. The DB-9 connector end of the serial cable goes into the corresponding port on the SkyFi III
3. Power up the AVX
4. Set the time, date, etc
5. Auto two star align
6. Align success
With the previous SkyFi III, I would ensure the SkyFi III was off and then:
7. Connect the other end of the SkyFi III serial cable to the Celestron Hand Controller
8. Power up the SkyFi III
9. In Sky Safari, Settings>Setup:
Scope type: Celestron AVX, etc
Mount Type: Equatorial Go-To
Auto-Detect SkyFi, SkyFi Name, Port Number are correct as I can access the SkyFi Settings Web Page.
Set Time & Location: disabled
Readout Rate: 4 per second
Save Log File: disabled
10. Tap Done to return to the sky view
11. Tap Scope
12. Tap Connect
13. Successful first time connection 90% of the time.
Now, the Connection Failure dialog box:
‘Sky Safari 5 Pro can’t make a wireless network connection to the scope. Make sure you’ve joined its Wi-Fi network, and entered its IP address correctly.’
I have tried these other tests:
1. Power up the SkyFi III before connecting to the hand controller
2. Reset the SkyFi III to factory settings and leave it run as a server
Connect the SkyFi III to the hand controller with the SkyFi III power on or off
The above three tests fail as well.
What should I try next?
Thanks for your time.