Invitation to iOS Users:
Everyone here in the Community Forums (with an Apple iOS device) is invited to participate in the beta-testing cycle :)
Your beta-testing feedback, whatever you can contribute, will be invaluable to the success of SkySafari 6!
How to Apply:
Please reply here (in a comment below) if you can help us at this time. Please outline your experience with SkySafari, including what versions of SkySafari you have run previously, what telescopes you are controlling, what kind of astronomy you are involved in, if you are a power user, etc. Please do not post requests to join the SS6 beta in other forums, as they will not be accepted. If you're reading this you can reply here.
When you are officially invited to participate you will see and have access to the SN6 Beta Testing forum. The SS6 Beta Testing forum is hidden until you are invited to participate. When you are accepted, you will be notified via a TestFlight email and then you will be able to both view the SS6 beta forum and download the SS6 beta app.
Please note, not all applicants will be immediately included in the beta-testing. So, if you apply and do not hear back please be patient.
*** If accepted to the SS6 beta-testing forum please do NOT report bug/issues on this post. See below for workflow ***
As you find bugs/issues in SkySafari 6 please first review the current discussions in this beta-testing forum (which is hidden until you are invited). If your bug/issue has already been identified please comment on the existing post. If your bug/issue has not been identified please create a NEW post in the SS6 Beta Testing forum.
For clarity regarding this bug reporting process please see the Example Bug Report (hidden until you are officially invited)
Please do not submit tickets with bugs/issues.
How To Follow The SS6 Beta Forum:
As part of your participation we would appreciate that you follow the SS6 Beta Testing forum. Following a forum means you will receive email updates when anyone creates a NEW post or comments/replies to one of the existing posts. This is important for two reasons.
- Following the forum ensures you receive email updates regarding all admin communications to the beta testers. If admins make a post asking for assistance you will get an email update with that post.
- Following is also very important so that you have an on-going status report regarding bugs/issues identified, confirmed, requiring further testing, or have been resolved, etc. This will help you stay on top of the overall process, and ensure you are not duplicating efforts where issues are already known and resolved.
To FOLLOW the SkySafari 6 Beta Testing community forum please see here. Note, you must have been invited first, and have access to the forum before you can follow it.
Replying to Email Updates:
When you follow the SS6 Beta Testing forum you will receive email updates regarding new posts (and comments, if opted for). Please do not reply to email updates using the "Reply" function. Please first use the "View the comment" link to open the community forum post, then reply to the post.
This point is crucially important - so please understand the image below (this an example of an SS6 Beta Testing email update as seen using my web browser Yahoo email account).
If you use the email update "Reply" function your reply will not be added to the community forum discussion.
In order to participate you will need to have TestFlight installed on your iOS device(s). You can download and install TestFlight from this link here:
How to Use the Community Forums:
For clarity regarding how to use the Community Forums (posting/replying/following) please see here:
Beta Testing Summarized
- SIGN IN or create account on this Simulation Curriculum support website.
- REPLY to this post (in a comment below) in order to apply to the SS6 Beta Testing group.
- When invited to join the beta testing, download and install the iOS TESTFLIGHT app.
- FOLLOW the main SS6 beta forum to be kept up-to-date of any new posts (bug reports) and discussions thereafter (you get email updates).
- REVIEW previous beta testing discussions before posting your bug report.
- COMMENT on bugs already reported.
- Create NEW posts for bugs not yet reported.
- Follow the bug reporting GUIDELINES when reporting or commenting on bugs.
- Do NOT reply/comment to email updates. Instead, VIEW the post first, then comment.
- Post any questions, about anything to do with the beta testing, in the beta forum. We will reply to you there.
We are very excited about the up and coming release of SS6 and we're looking forward to working closely with everyone involved in the beta testing.
Again, this is only for Apple iOS devices, at this time.
Please let me know if you have any questions.