Hello AR Enthusiasts!
How The AR Feature Works:
- Launch SkySafari
- Toggle on Compass Mode (either by pressing the compass button in the toolbar or by tilting the device up to the sky).
- When compass mode is on, a new AR button appears on the bottom of the screen. Tap the AR button to enable AR mode. Tap the AR button again to disable AR mode.
- We try to blend the real sky with the simulated sky the best we can. However you can swipe up/down to fine-tune the blending point.
- The compass on iOS devices can be uncalibrated and off by a fair amount. To align the real sky with the virtual sky, users can swap left/right to adjust for compass inaccuracies. SkySafari retains this compass correction preference for your current session.
Testing and Reporting:
- Please test under a variety of lighting conditions. The feature works best in a daytime sky but is also designed to work at twilight and even a dark sky.
- Please report any performance issues or anything else that takes away from the experience.
- In your reports, please include which device you are using and the iOS version.
- Please include screenshots and videos to illustrate the behaviour of the AR feature on your device. Here is how to record your screen on an iOS device: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207935