After previous alignment issues, I contacted Celestron and did the following: re-installed SkySafari 6 Pro, factory reset on StarSense camera, and on my Evolution 8. Went to setting and clicked "forget" on the app. Reinstalled timezone, etc.
Last night's issues:
1. My first attempt using SkySafari 6 Pro with StarSense (Celestron Evo 8 scope) to do a three-star manual align. When I pressed "align," I was asked if I wanted to continue to align on the Sun (?). This seemed strange and had never happened before (also, this was 10 PM last night--no sun)
2. Tried rebooting iPad, same thing, i.e., "do you want to align on Sun."
3. Rebooted again, this time it seemed normal. I was able to achieve a successful 3-star alignment, and since I had reset my StarSense to factory setting, I began a calibration, but noticed my mount was not secured properly on the tripod. I cancelled the alignment and secured the mount to the tripod.
4. From this point on, when I initiated a new manual alignment, I was unable to get a successful alignment (more than 25 attempts). I would get one or two stars successful, but never the third. Every time I would get the same error message, "POINTING ERROR TOO LARGE, ALIGNMENT FAILED."
5. My wife suggested I use my iPhone next time instead of the iPad, could the iPad be the problem??? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!