So far, the upgrade to SNPP8 has been going quite well, as has moving my logs over to LiveSky. But while double checking the logs I'd imported I find at least one comet, 65P/Gunn, that is not showing up in the program. It is present in SkySafari 6 Pro as well as LiveSky Web, and I entered my August 2010 observations on it. From either SkySafari (tablet and phone) as well as LiveSky, I can pull up my observations and view or edit them. But from Starry Night, the comet doesn't show up; Starry Night does report there is an observation of that object as well as a session for that night (Aug 10, 2010), but I cannot search for or see the comet, nor access the logs.
However, when I open the comets.txt file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Starry Night Pro Plus 8\Sky Data" 65P/Gunn is listed. Not sure why it (and perhaps others I've not noticed yet) are not available. Perhaps this has already been identified but I did a brief search but couldn't find anything on this related to SN8 yet.