1) Please confirm that SkyFi3 + SkySafari 6 plus/pro compatible with all version of Orion SynScan V3, V4, and V5 hand controllers. The connection would use the DB9 outlet on the SkiFi3. Would the other end of the serial cable use the RJ11 (4-wire telephone) port on the SynScan controller?
2) Could the hand controller be dispensed with entirely? For example, could the SkyFi3 connect to the RJ-11 auto guide port directly on and HDX-110 mount or the RJ-11 auto guide port on the Sirius EQ-G mount?
3) Does iOS SkySafari 6 plus/pro provide direct access to all functions of the SynScan controller for my HDX-110 and Sirius EQ-G, particularly:
1,2, 3 star alignments
Periodic error corrections?
4) Do 2 star alignments carried out in SkySafari overwrite prior alignment constants stored in the SynScan controller? How about local alignments?
5) Can SkySafari use the GPS time/location from iOS to overnight stored info in the SynScan?
6) Can a SynScan, a SkySafari 6 app, and an ASCOM-compliant program on a Mac/PC play nice at the same time?
7) I'd appreciate people's opinion of using the iOS gyros as a tilt controller to move the image in a telescope vs buttons on a controller and iOS screen arrows.
8) I'd appreciate hearing of complete implementation/integration set-ups with a SkyFi (hardware and software) for planetary astrophotography from FireCapture users on a Mac or PC using an ZWO planetary webcam
(I have a C14 with a computer-controlled Moonlite focuser + HDX 110, ZWO filter wheels, and ZWO ASI 224MC and 290MM cameras and a MacBook Air which I can boot as a PC or a Mac)
9) I'd appreciate hearing of complete implementation/integration set-ups with a SkyFi (hardware and software) for DSO astrophotography from users with a Mac or PC and a Canon EOS camera.
(I have a C14 with a computer-controlled Moonlite focuser + HDX 110 and a Sirius EQ-G + 127mm APO refractor, a Canon 6D, and a MacBook Air which I can boot as a PC or a Mac)
I eventually will mount an 80 mm guidescope