Invitation to SkySafari (iOS) & SynScan WiFi Users:
Everyone here in the Community Forums (with an Apple iOS device) who is also a SkyWatcher/SynScan user is invited to participate in the beta-testing cycle. Native support for SynScan WiFi in SkySafari 6 will mean only one iOS device is required to connect to and control your mount.
How to Apply:
Please reply here (in a comment below) if you can help us at this time. Please outline your experience with SkySafari, including what versions of SkySafari you have run previously, what SkyWatcher/SynScan telescopes you are controlling, what kind of astronomy you are involved in, if you are a power user, etc.
*** Please do NOT report bug/issues on this post. See below for workflow ***
If you find bugs/issues with the implementation of native SynScan support please first review the current discussions in the beta-testing forum. If your bug/issue has already been identified please comment on the existing post. If your bug/issue has not been identified please create a NEW post in the SkySafari 6 | SynScan Beta Testing forum.
For clarity regarding this bug reporting process please see the Example Bug Report here:
Please do not submit tickets with bugs/issues.
How To Follow The SS6 Beta Forum:
As part of your participation we would appreciate that you FOLLOW the SkySafari 6 | SynScan Beta Testing forum. Following a forum means you will receive email updates when anyone creates a NEW post or comments/replies to one of the existing posts. This is important for two reasons.
- Following the forum ensures you receive email updates regarding all admin communications to the beta testers. If admins make a post asking for assistance you will get an email update with that post.
- Following is also very important so that you have an on-going status report regarding bugs/issues identified, confirmed, requiring further testing, or have been resolved, etc. This will help you stay on top of the overall process, and ensure you are not duplicating efforts where issues are already known and resolved.
To FOLLOW the SkySafari 6 | SynScan Beta Testing community forum please see here.
Replying to Email Updates:
When you follow the SS6 SynScan Beta Testing forum you will receive email updates regarding new posts (and comments, if opted for). Please do not reply to email updates using the "Reply" function. Please first use the "View the comment" link to open the community forum post, then reply to the post.
This point is crucially important - so please understand the image below (this an example of an SS6 Beta Testing email update as seen using my web browser Yahoo email account).
If you use the email update "Reply" function your reply will not be added to the community forum discussion.
In order to participate you will need to have TestFlight installed on your iOS device(s). You can download and install TestFlight from this link here:
How to Use the Community Forums:
For clarity regarding how to use the Community Forums (posting/replying/following) please see here:
SkySafari 6 SynScan Beta Testing Summarized
- SIGN IN or create account on this Simulation Curriculum support website.
- REPLY to this post (in a comment below) in order to apply to the SkySafari 6 | SynScan Beta Testing group.
- When invited to join the beta testing, download and install the iOS TESTFLIGHT app.
- FOLLOW the main SS6 SynScan beta testing forum to be kept up-to-date of any new posts (bug reports) and discussions thereafter (you get email updates).
- REVIEW previous beta testing discussions before posting your bug report.
- COMMENT on bugs already reported.
- Create NEW posts for bugs not yet reported.
- Follow the bug reporting GUIDELINES when reporting or commenting on bugs.
- Do NOT reply/comment to email updates. Instead, VIEW the post first, then comment.
- Post any questions, about anything to do with the beta testing, in the beta forum. We will reply to you there.
Please let me know if you have any questions.