Setting this all up for the first time, tried everything I can think of - what am i missing?.
I am getting “Connection Failure SkySafari 6 Plus can't make a wireless connection to the scope.”
With exactly the same setup, but using the iPad app Stella Access (Ver 220.127.116.11 “Powered by SkySafari 5”) it works fine, connects every time, and controls the Meade scope, no issues. (So cool!)
However SkySafari 6 Plus does not seem to work.
Latest SkySafari 6 Plus (v 18.104.22.168)
iPad Pro running iOS (v14.0.1)
Brand new SkyFi 3 (firmware 1.3.4)
Meade LX-90/ATX/Autostar cable (bought on the same Simulation Curriculum order)
Meade LX9 10” ACF with GPS and with with Audio-star controller
This is what I have tried (multiple times);
1. Set up the LX90 scope, aligned it.
Reset the SkyFi to defaults (per the help on a similar iPad issue).
3. Power cycled the SkyFi. (per the help on a similar iPad issue)
4. Joined the SkyFi network with my iPad
5. Went to 10.0.0.1 in the Safari browser and can see the SkyFi config page - Yes. No issues so far.
6. Start SkySafari 6 Plus
Settings > Telescope Setup
Auto-Detect is OFF, IP address is 10.0.0.1. (have also tried Auto, Stella Access works, SkySafari doesn’t)
Time and Location is OFF
Note: Back in Safari I can still see the SkyFi config page at 10.0.0.1
7. I go to the SkyFi Settings Web Page from within SkySafari Scope Setup page - but get a white screen. ie. Not working.
(I note this screen is fine ie visible from within Stella Access no issues)
8. I try to connect again and still get the “Connection Failure SkySafari 6 Plus can't make a wireless connection to the scope.”
Again, everything works 100% with Stella Access (Ver 22.214.171.124 “Powered by SkySafari 5”)
Just cant seem to get SkySafari 6 Plus on the iPad to work.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.