Please search "C/2009 P1" and change where it says Find Objects whose Name:"contains"
Search "Garradd (C/2009 P1)"
Customer success story:
I loaded on one my home computer (Windows XP, 32 bit) and one on my office computer (Windows 7, 64 bit).
The Starry Night installed on the Windows XP 32 bit version has comet Garradd C/2009 P1 in it.
The Starry Night installed on the Windows 7 64 bit version does not. I've tried to update latest files, etc, but nothing works. Today I upgraded all the way to 6.4.3 on the Widnows 7 machine. Still nothing.
It worked! Yay!
So let me explain what I did in order to help others:
1. On my Windows 7 machine, I had to go to Control Panel - User Accounts – User Account Control Settings, and lower the security setting to “Never notify me…” (see image below):
Otherwise the file will NOT be saved into the folder, as it is a “programs” folder and the default Windows 7 security will not allow this operation.
2. I went to the Starry Night Knowledge Base (http://www.siennasoft.com/updates/data/Comets.txt) and saved the text file “comets.txt” to the Starry Night Sky Data folder, located on my machine at C:/Program Files(x86)/Starry Night/Sky Data.
Note, I renamed the original “comets.txt” to “comets_original.txt” just before this save, just in case, but a “replace file” will work too.
3. Restarted Starry Night and did a search for Garradd.
That was it!