I have an LX200 Classic which has a 3rd party upgrade to support Meade Audiostar control. The telescope type set in Audiostar is now "LX200astar".
I have successfully connected and can control the scope as follows:
- Physical connection - My Audiostar handset is connected to the SkyFi 3 with a Meade #505 serial cable. SkyFi is on firmware version 1.3.3
- Audiostar handset - I have the telescope model set to the default LX200astar
- SkySafari 5 Pro - I have the scope type set to Meade LX200 Classic
My questions are:
1. Should I set the scope type in SkySafari as above (the scope is really no longer an LX200) or should I be using some other Meade scope type that supports Audiostar?
2. Since everything appears to be working, perhaps the same driver in SkySafari supports multiple scope types?
3. If I continue to use the LX200 Classic in SkySafari are there options/features which I am missing out on?