We have a C14 attached to a Gemini G11 mount and we've connected it to Starry Night Pro without issue for several years. A few months ago, the connection between the scope and the program stopped working. We have systematically checked every piece of the connection.
- We had the G11 mount's RS232 chip in the board and connector replaced.
- We replaced our Gemini-to-RS232 cable
- We replaced our RS232-to-USB adapter
- We replaced our USB cable (cable works with other USB devices)
- We checked the USB ports on our Mac
I have no idea what else the issue could be unless it's with the software or the computer itself. We're running OSX 10.5.8 with Starry Night Pro Plus 6 v6.4.3.
Every time we try to connect now we get a communication saying that an error occurred while trying to communicate with the scope.
PLEASE HELP. We have no idea what would have changed.
Manager, UNH Observatory