Last night I attempted to perform another calibration. I used Arcturus as the calibration star. After doing all the initial steps to align the star, I performed the repeat step and the telescope slewed directly to Arcturus. At this point I thought the calibration was successful. Next I used the Goto function to find Vega. This time the telescope went beyond the star and would not stop slewing until it was parallel to the ground. I have followed the directions in the use manual, contacted Celestron directly and followed their instructions and I still cannot get it to perform as expected. Tried again on another clear night and performed the setup/calibration while viewing the Celestron tutorial on my laptop. Did everything step-by-step according to the tutorial. Still was not able to complete the calibration/realignment step. Will give this one more try the next clear night. If that does not work I will have to return it.