I use a SkySafari 7 Pro with a Celestron AVX or a CGEM-DX and iPhone 12 or iPad Mini and Celestron WiFi.
I can always connect to the scope but 90% of the time recieve this error:
SkySafari 7 Pro can make a wireless network connection to the scope, but the scope is not responding. Make sure it is connected and powered on. Also check that your scope type is correct."
- Turn on Mount
- Wait for StarSense to come online
- At the READY FOR ALIGNMENT prompt I do a "Quick Align"
- I then CONNECT AND ALIGN from my iOS device
This is when I sometimes connect and align sucessfully but most of the time get the error above.
How should I troubleshoot this?
- I retry the connection 3-5 times and SOMETIMES the connection succeeds on the 3rd or so time
- I restart the mount and rinse/repeat.