Bug fixes from 6.3.9 to 6.4.2:
Crash when printing on OS X.
- Graph View problems (OpenGL Init problem. OS X.)
- Calculation of Delta-T for years -500 to 500 was incorrect.
- FOV indicators now update/draw in the sky if time flow is off.
- Image Editor "Background Reduction" slider added. Fixes background
reduction not working.
- Constellation Stick Figures not drawing correctly in 3D space when a
single constellation is selected.
- Removed confusing application update message on startup when no data
Bug fixes from 6.3.9 to 6.4.0
-A number of bug fixes, performance improvements, under the hood stuff.
-Advanced Particle Galaxy Rendering
-Hour Angle Lines
-SkyView Link (Image Editor)
-Argo Navis Support (OS X)
-Up to 14 new panoramas (Pro Plus gets 14, Pro 9, enthusiast 5)
-Minor updates to some db's like meteor showers
Bug Fixes from 6.3.3 to 6.3.9
- Mac Updater download no longer incorrecty reads from system cache in case of re-download.
- Windows Updater download now much faster.
- Application correctly respects user defined maximum frame rate.
- Application correctly throttles down frame rate when not focused/maximized.
- Several fixes and enhancements to maintain respectable CPU usage.
- Opens Starry Night Files at correct default FOV if none defined.
- Correctly prints legend in multi-pane printout.
- Printing: Fixed crash under certain circumstances when printing 180 degrees.
- Fixed incompatibility with setting FOV via a plugin.
Bug Fixes from 6.2.3 to 6.3.3
- New minor planets and their moons have been added and updated.
- Distance Spheres can now be added to any solar system body with any radius and color. (All programs except C.S.A.P.)
- Shadow Cones can be displayed to show the shadows of orbiting bodies.
- New update technology built directly into Starry Night. Will check for updates automatically if registered.
- Animated trips between planets now use more visually appealing planet avoidance.
- Tully galaxy rendering now implemented as particle systems.
- Tully database improved to allow for more galaxy types.
- Saturn's rings and ring shadows now draw even more precisely, and look much better.
- Universal Time can now be displayed and edited in the toolbar. (Pro, Pro Plus, Astrophoto Suite only.)
- The precessional path of the celestial poles can now be displayed.
- The circumpolar region, based on your latitude, can now be displayed.
- The value of DeltaT has been improved and can now be overridden by the user. (Pro, Pro Plus, Astrophoto Suite only.)
- All planets now draw with softer edges.
- Updated LiveSky links and images.
- Some lines now draw thicker on high-DPI displays to maintain visibility.
- Added more features that can help Customer Support track down issues.
- Spaceship responsiveness dramatically improved.
- Various space mission data sets have been broken into smaller, logical segments to improve rendering speed.
- Added 5 new horizon panoramas.
- Improved Find feature for multiple objects of same name.
- Exported data of the sky view now contains a header row.
- Galaxy types in several databases have been fixed.
- Horizon drawing improved when looking at the nadir.
- Spaceship speed controls now work when Starry Night time is stopped.
- Telescope name now indicated in Windows 3-pane print settings dialog.
- SkyCal. Adding event times between 12am and 1am now save properly.
- Pluto now correctly classified as a Dwarf Planet in the orbit editor.
- Satellite eccentricities now correctly imported from source file.
- Moons can now be added to dwarf planets.
- Adding/editing planet surface images or 3DS model assignments now works.
- User-specified images are now correctly rendered on moons.
- One-pane printing FOV fixed.
- Print legend now shows correct size on all Windows machines.
- Cardinal points can now be controlled independently of horizon using horizon layer labels.
- Increased delay in Find search box autosearch.
- Observing list filters fixed.
- Comets are now correctly indicated on printed output.
- Observing lists can now display the objects constellation.
- Coordinates now export in the format selected in the preferences.
- Peak times for Meteor Showers are now listed.
- Ambient sound has been restored.
Bug Fixes from 6.2.1 to 6.2.3
- Added moons Nix and Hydra to Pluto.
- Fixed incompatibilities with QuickTime 7.4.1.
- Fixed incompatibilities with on-board Intel Graphics chips on Vista.
- Printing on windows fixed. Labels correct size, legend now prints on 1-pane printing.
- Surface Feature Outlines / Location Markers user interface now correctly updates when new files are opened.
- Google Maps links from right-click menu fixed.
- Added ability to not apply nighttime shading to horizon panoramas.
- Surface Feature Outlines now correctly save and read-in from files.
- Problem with certain files saved with a locked selection not setting correct FOV, now fixed.
- Export as QuickTime VR no longer crashes on OS-X.
- Fixed crash with space missions saved in file but not loaded on startup.
Bug Fixes from 6.0.6 to 6.2.0
- Horizontal lines on graph no longer creep at low scale.
- Graphing satellites now shows accurate altitude maxima and minima at mid-low scales.
- 3DS models now rotate correctly (correct attitude).
- 3DS Models now scaling properly.
- Observing List (planner) filters now working properly for 'above horizon' times.
- Observing List (planner) date no longer incorrectly sets to 1/1/4713 BC when "On specific date" is selected.
- Observing List (planner) now correctly filtering for double/multiple/variable stars.
- Event finder moon phases visibility filtering now fixed.
- Meteor Shower events now properly being found for all dates.
- Meteor shower event dates now included for years other than 2006.
- Ephemeris Generator end date no longer jumps to 99999 after changing start date.
- Smoothed out "Go There" animation.
- Large black distortion around sun halo on some video cards no longer occurs.
- Horizon drawing now taking into account daylight fade level on liftoff.
- Saturn rings now show when printing.
- Milky Way panorama no longer has artifacts after printing.
- Removed extreme jitter of planets when location scrolling around.
- View from centre of planet now correctly reports planet name.
- Changing a location preserves a centre-on object or location in the sky.
- Magnify function now correctly works on stars.
- Altitude column widened and resizable.
- Orbits and paths line thickness now adjustable.
- Coordinate grid labels text now has configurable font/colour.
- Saving or loading an SNF file with XYZ orbit lines enabled no longer causes displayed lines to disappear.
- Saving Planet image options now possible through right-click on any planet. Save as default saves this selection.
- Can now save a planet/moon Surface Image/Model setting as default. (Also added right-click to select.)
- Eyepiece barrel size in equipment list no longer reports with strange characters instead of inches symbol.
- About Dialog now correctly listed in the Help menu (Windows.)
- No longer crashes when attempting to magnify an object below horizon using right-click.
- Files double-clicked on windows now open correctly again.
- OpenGLInit.log now in application directory instead of root.
- Registration windows misspellings fixed.
Bug Fixes from 6.0.4 to 6.0.6
- Loading time for 3D Models has been reduced.
- Resolution and quality of images of Io, Jupiter, Mercury, Neptune, Pluto, Saturn, Uranus and Venus have been improved.
- A bug affecting Mac telescope plugin which prevented re-establishment of a connection while using BlueStar has been fixed.
Bug Fixes from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4
- Fixed change to Animated Horizon allowing to to again work on most systems.
- Fixed bug where horizon would switch back to animated if changed to flat or custom before photorealistic.
- Additional fix for unnecessary visual updates to calendar panel.
Bug Fixes from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3
- OpenGL now starts correctly (as in 6.0.0) for low-capability video cards.
- Opening and closing the side panels no longer resizes the FOV!
- Several significant fixes to Calendar event adding and display. Events are now correctly added and displayed in local times.
- Added new buttons to set Calendar date to date shown in Starry Night view.
- Saved presets now load correctly when saved with no file extension and selected from menu.
- Printing in CSAP fixed. No longer centers pole.
- Ambient Sounds fixed. Now turn on correctly on first try.
- Correct object limiting magnitudes set for PGC catalog.
- Fixed adding log entries to an item after deleting them.
- Fixed significant leak (sometimes causing crash) when using HUD.
- Fixed horizon pinning when in non-local orientations.
- Fixed FOVs "(this chart only)" printing
- Changing locations no longer changes object lock, including locks on random RA/Dec.
- Preferences dialog no longer hidden under menu bar on some Intel Mac systems.
- Several spelling mistakes corrected in locations database.
- Cursor keys now move view correctly in non-local orientations.
- Planet ordering in Find panel re-establishes correctly after find.
- Asteroid diameters correctly reported. Were showing as 2x actual value.
- 3DS models now load significantly faster.
- 3DS models no longer look washed out after zooming in on sun.
- Limit stars by distance and other fields like this now work correctly.
- Prevented annoying redraw of Calendar panel when changing locations in space.
- F8 in spaceship mode no longer used to show/hide the legend. Uses 's' to prevent conflict with toolbar.
- Highlighted text now correctly turns white in events or lists.
- Satellites can again be added orbiting the Moon.
Bug Fixes from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1
- Significant improvement in Windows startup times. Cut in half (more if Event Searching is turned off) on most systems.
- Added "selection" checkbox and other info columns to Observing Lists.
- Fix draw error/crash when viewing objects containing a slash ('/') in their names.
- Hour Angle now reported using JNow coordinates instead of J2000.
- Added "Add to Observing List" to selection popup. Missing in 6.0.0.
- Minimum view altitude no longer pinned to Local horizon when using other orientations.
- Text Descriptions now show correctly for TYC and USNO stars.
- Added preference to omit event searching at startup. (Preferences>Startup)
- Horizon now draws correctly during daytime when in "transparent" mode.
- Nebula Outlines now have user selctable colour and draw as black in printouts.
- Users can now re-attempt to enable shaders after a crash.
- Fixed crash when editing and saving observing lists.
- Dark Theme fixed.
- Adding panoramic horizons to specific locations now saves with "Save Current Options as Default."
- Guide layers now draw correctly with shaders off.
- Zoom lock (max FOV) fixed.
- Fixed intermittent random crash when closing any sky view (printing/orbit editor etc.)
- Fixed Observing Lists 'type' filter on Intel Macs.
- Map in location dialog now shows correctly for "hover".
- Filtered events now correcty reflected in calendar panel.
- "Visible Tonight" filter in events and observing lists now more accurate.
- Database descriptions now show correctly on Intel based macintosh computers.
- Hitting <return> in the find panel to centre an object that is below the horizon no longer crashes.
- "Starry Night Classic" theme now more visible in Red Screen (night-vision) mode.
- Added menu item to refresh Favourites menu.
- Fixed crash when viewing Sun lens flare from outer-space.
- Fixed problem with manually entering longitude.
- Labels for planets now correctly listen to magnitude filter.
- Fixed formatting in several text description files
- Cancelling viewing of an event that is not visible now works correctly.
- All-Sky Image now flips correctly at small FOVs (hardware permitting.)
- Jupiter image position corrected.
- Menu items now correctly enabled when Today's Events window is closed.
- CSAP "User's Guide" menu item now works correctly.
- Fixed drawing of several types of 3DS models (was causing hang.)
- Several location updated to include correct timezone info.
- Equipment - Filters now correctly saved out and recalled.
- "Companion Book" help menu item added to several Mac products where missing.
- F8 now correctly hides toolbar on Enthusiast (Windows).
- HTML "anchors" no longer span a browser window when click inside SkyGuide.
- Favourites rename edit box fixed when button-ar is visible on Windows.
- Stonehenge pano direction fixed.
- Star distances now given to more logical precision.
- Rise / Set / Transit times for stars now use more precise calculation when displaying this info.
- Cardinal Direction markers no longer flipped when view is flipped horizontally